Since 1966, the FCA Ministry has been present on campuses all across the country. The Campus Ministry is initiated and led by student-athletes and coaches on junior high, high school and college campuses. FCA has a long history of working with school administrators to create a trusted, effective campus club that supports and adds value to the students and faculty.
Multi-Sport Huddle: A small group bible study for athletes from multiple sports teams.
Team Huddle: A targeted bible study within an individual team setting
Coaches Huddle: A small group Bible study for coaches that coach teams at all levels on campus and in community club/ travel sports
Methods: Engage, Equip, & Empower
We as FCA Staff help identify leaders by engaging with individuals on campus and within a community. We walk alongside the leaders and equip them to discover and use their God given gifts. Finally, we empower them as leaders and using the platform of sports to make a difference within their schools and community. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Staff- Covering over Huddle
- SALT Coach- Person who pours into the SALT: Youth Pastor, Coach
- Campus Representative- Adult on Campus: Teacher, Coach, Admin.
- SALT (Student Athlete Leadership Team) Leaders Student Leader Application (SLA)
- Church Representative
Please see the attached Huddle Roles document for role responsibilities.
Who Can Attend
Everyone and anyone is invited to attend an FCA Huddle.
Where/ When Huddles Takes Place
Huddles are held at various locations on and off campus during non-instructional time.
START A HUDDLE
Ready to learn more about impacting your campus for Christ? As you all meet in your huddles, there is a lot of freedom in how you use your time! However there are a few things that are crucial to the success of your huddle:
1) To start a huddle on your campus, you should have:
- SALT Coach/Huddle Leader*
- Church Representative
- Classroom (huddles typically meet either before school in the morning or during the lunch period)
- 2-3 SALT Leaders (complete a Student Leader Application-SLA)
*Every Huddle must have an adult leader complete a Ministry Leader Application (MLA). This is a one-
time form to have on file with FCA.
2) When you've assembled your team, contact your local FCA staff!
We want to encourage, equip, support and certify your huddle as officially part of FCA's ministry. See
our huddle page to find your local contact.
3) Every time you meet, we expect your huddle to:
- Get in the Bible Together
At every huddle, we should be in the Word, examining a verse, a story or a passage
- Pray Together
Huddles get the opportunity to stand and support each other as we go through life
Keep your Huddle on track with our Next Steps and keep moving around the bases!
We are excited to see the stories God is writing at your schools!
Be sure to share with us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook - we're in this together.
As FCA Staff, we are on your team! How do we support you?
Need a guest speaker? Training for leaders? Want to start a Coaches Huddle? Let us know!
- FCAResources.com | amazing website with great huddle support
- Daily Devotionals for athletes with discussion questions already prepped
- Video Testimonies from collegiate and professional athletes
- Resources divided by theme for easy search and use
- Athletes Bibles or Sport New Testaments for your huddle
- Fields of Faith promotional materials
Let us know how we can be praying for you, personally and also for your campus huddle
- Coaches Spotlight
We want to highlight our outstanding coaches and huddle leaders! If you have a story about your
coach, let us know and we'll share it in our newsletter and social media